The Annual Federal Association of Securities Trading Firms (bwf) and International Capital Market Association (ICMA) Capital Markets Conference will take place on 23 September 2020 as a virtual panel discussing MiFID II/R: the “Quick-Fix“ and beyond.
This year’s bwf and ICMA joint annual event will feature an expert panel of speakers who will discuss the likely impacts of the MIFID II “quick fix” as part of the EU’s coordinated response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the extent to which this will play a key role in promoting the recapitalisation of European companies as they emerge from the crisis. Under discussion will be the distribution of bonds with make-whole clauses to retail investors, changes to costs and charges disclosures, and the suspension of best execution reporting. The panel will then look ahead to the MiFID II/R review and the possible areas where either fine-tuning or a wholesale rethink could prove helpful, including the hot topics of research unbundling and post-trade transparency.
- Frank Engels, CIO (UIP), Union Investment Privatfonds; Board Member, ICMA
- Andy Hill, Senior Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy, ICMA
- Dr. Annette Kliffmüller-Frank, Managing Director, ICF BANK AG
- Dr. Jörg Kukies, State Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance Germany
- Tilman Lueder, Head, Securities Markets Unit, DG FISMA, Securities Markets, European Commission
- Michael Sterzenbach, Secretary General, Bundesverband der Wertpapierfirmen
This ICMA event is free of charge and open to all bwf and ICMA members as well as interested financial market participants. Registration in advance is essential (Please note: registrations will close on Tuesday, 22 September at 17.00 CEST).