Despite the global geopolitical tensions as well as the global Covid-19 pandemic China’s integration in global economy is continuing as before or even more. Especially the integration in the global capital markets is picking up speed. This goes both ways, with more and more barriers being put aside by the Chinese regulators for international financial services firms to enter its market as well as an increasing number of Chinese firms opening offices and branches in Europe and the US. This is a strong signal that the challenges in other terrains can also be solved by cooperation and that all sides involved eventually are still looking to do so.
In the run-up to the China-Europe Financial Summit on Tuesday (20 October 2020), CEINEX has recruited some outstanding authors to present their views on topics of the Chinese capital markets for the CEINEX Quarterly Newsletter: for example, the rapid changes in the Chinese asset management industry.
Further highlights are:
- Convergence in China: Opportunities for institutional investors by Peter Reynolds, Managing Partner, Head of Greater China, Oliver Wyman, Hong Kong; Kai Keller, Initiative Lead, World Economic Forum, Beijing; Adrian Low, Engagement Manager, Oliver Wyman, Hong Kong
- M&A Investing in China – Five things to be aware of by Frank Niu, Dentons China
- Towards a Mutual Beneficial Investment Agreement between the EU and China by Horst Löchel, Professor of Economics and Co-Chairman of the Sino-German Center at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- North Asia leads the recovery in Emerging Markets by Sean Taylor, APAC Chief Investment Officer, DWS, Hong Kong
- Fintech in China by Thomas Heck, Partner PwC, Head of China Business Group in Germany and Europe & Sebastian Sohn, Senior Manager Financial Services (Singapore) at PwC South East Asia Consulting
Download the Newsletter as a PDF here.
China Europe International Exchange AG (CEINEX) is a joint venture established by Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE), Deutsche Börse Group (DBAG), and China Financial Futures Exchange (CFFEX). It is the first dedicated trading venue for China- and RMB-related investment products outside of mainland China and considered a strategic project between China and Germany.
Text and Image: © CEINEX 2020