Since 2011, Frankfurt Main Finance e.V. and the Frankfurt Institute for Risk Management and Regulation (FIRM) – have jointly invited to the Frankfurt Finance Summit as organizing institutions.
The next and 8th Frankfurt Finance Summit, titled READY, STEADY, GO! Who is ready to set the pace in challenging times? will take place on May 29th at Kap Europa.
The Summit addresses members and guests of the initiative: CEOs, CFOs, CROs, central bank representatives, supervisors and regulators from more than 20 countries, who are invited to discuss topics that currently move the finance industry.
One focus of the 2018 Summit will be on the challenges and chances of Brexit raises for the financial industry in general and Frankfurt as a Financial Centre in particular – and renowned politicians and financial experts will discuss the strategic responses of the financial industry in times of change and uncertainty. Another important topic of debate will be the potential consequences of Brexit for the clearing of Euro denominated derivates. The digitalisation of the financial industry will also be on the agenda, namely the risks and opportunities of artificial intelligence in finance.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Dr. Jörg Kukies, State Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance
- Jeroen Dijsselbloem, Former President of the Eurogroup, former Minister of Finance of The Netherlands
- Katharine Braddick, Director General, Financial Services, HM Treasury
- Christian Sewing, Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Bank AG
- Felix Hufeld, President, Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Erik Tim Müller, Chief Executive Officer of Eurex Clearing
- Yves Mersch, Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank