As a result, banks, brokers and wealth managers are reappraising how they service the retail investor community in Europe. Broadridge’s new white paper, The Rise of the Retail Investor, written and researched in collaboration with Firebrand Research, explores the need for greater retail investor engagement, the appetite for change, and the drive towards vote empowerment.
Key takeaways include:
- Regulation – including SRD II – will compel firms to transform how they service the voting requirements of the retail investor community
- Providers and platforms that fail to meet investor expectations can expect a strong public response
- Environmental, social and governance investing and an increased desire to influence change will compel more activity from retail investors
- The next generation of investors have higher expectations for digital support from their financial institutions
- Wider retail investor engagement is an integral part of Europe’s future