A global overview and an update from Frankfurt
Will the current pandemic serve as a catalysator for sustainable finance and development – or further delay ambitious plans in politics and business? What will be the role of a post-election USA? What is the state of play of the EU Sustainable Finance Action Plan? What happened to the pledge to link EU recovery funds to a Green New Deal? And, above all, how do FinTechs promoting sustainable finance and development navigate these agitated waters?
Arabesque, Ecoligo, Frankfurt Main Finance, GreenMania, Melanin Kapital and MES&DAK invite you to discuss these and other questions with us on Tuesday, 10 November 2020, 15.00-16.00 CET/10.00-11.00 EST.
We are proud to present one of the foremost experts in the field, former Executive Director of Global Compact Georg Kell, as our keynote speaker. Furthermore, we are looking forward to a discussion with four exciting FinTechs from Frankfurt active in sustainable finance and development.
Our schedule in detail:
1. Welcome Remarks
Dr. Jochen Biedermann & Georg Schattney, SDG FinTech Initiative
2. Covid-19 – An accelerator for ESG investing and corporate sustainability
Georg Kell, Chairman Arabesque, Founder and former Executive Director of UN Global Compact
3. The devil is in the data. Arabesque’s quantitative-driven approach to sustainable investing
Dr. Inna Amesheva, ESG Research & Regulatory Solutions, Arabesque S-Ray
4. Empowering Africa’s Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs)
Gilles komi Maglo, Founder and CEO of MES & DAK
5. Direct action: how impact-driven crowd investors are transforming the global energy landscape
Martin Baart, CEO of Ecoligo
6. Melanin Kapital: A financial advisory firm connecting social impact entrepreneurs in Africa with European investors, business partners, and mentors.
Melanie Keita, CEO of Melanin Kapital